Some people fail to realize the fact that when you are making a investment in your home and having major renovations done, every contractor is different.
Factors such as experience, training of staff, treatment of employees, quality of tools and equipment to work with, relationships with the manufacturers and other criteria weigh in on the quality and type of work that you receive.
The detail and quality of work will vary greatly from mason to mason. Stasi Brothers has been in business for 60 years and we strive to perfection. We train all our employees to give and create the best job possible.
We go to seminars and training every year to make sure we are up to date with the newest trends and technology. We keep our equipment new and serviced regularly to avoid breakdowns and time loss.
This has made us the number 1 (one) asphalt and mason contractor on Long Island. You can drive through Plainview or Syosset and still see a stoop we had done 40 years ago still holding strong. Drive thru Levittown and Jericho and the driveway we had put down 20 years ago still looks great.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions and make sure everything is explained to you. This is an investment you should make only a few times in your lifetime and you want to make sure you get it right. Call Stasi Brothers to get the job done and designed right the first time!
As I drive around Nassau and Suffolk counties, I see jobs that make me wonder how people let pass. I take pictures to show what to watch out for. Here are just a few small examples of how jobs can be done incorrectly or designed horribly wrong. It also shows how people can use low grade or low quality material and mess up even a beautiful job.
All Contractors Aren’t Created The Same
Click on the images below to view a larger display.
Your asphalt driveway will give you many years of service. Stasi Brothers recommends avoiding the following:
- Turning your wheels while stopped on the blacktop within the first month. This can cause a crease or depression in the asphalt.
- Parking heavy objects for extended times. If you must park a camper for instance, place a piece of plywood on the driveway first.
- Lawn furniture, high heels, jack stands, BBQ’s, kick stands and car ramps will all sink into the surface and should be avoided. If needed just simply put a piece of wood underneath.
- Heavy vehicles of all types should be avoided. Garbage trucks and oil trucks are most frequent offenders.
- Chemicals of all types should be avoided. Gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, antifreeze and harsh cleaners will dissolve the asphalt.
*Remember that your driveway is softer in warm weather and this is the time to be more cautious.
Due to all the snow, the ice melting and the freezing temperatures at night many asphalt and concrete products across Long Island and NYC have damaged. You have potholes, cracking, lifting, etc. It is normal in these conditions and can be repaired. Please call us at 516-997-7283 for an evaluation to get your parking lot or driveway back in shape!
We proudly serve Nassau and Suffolk Counties as well as Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island. Call the best in the asphalt industry, Stasi Brothers Asphalt!